Friday, August 7, 2009

Playdates

Our microwave died last night, just quit. Unfortunately, I live in an area where the closest place to get a new one is an hour away. Fortunately, I took today off so Tony could go to a golf tournament. Then I found out the my sister, who lives in this city an hour away, was off today too. So I packed up Elliot and Elvis and made a day out of the trip.

I went to visit my sister so the "kids" all had a playdate...Elliot with his 4 year old cousin Wyatt and Elvis with my sister's dogs Molly, a yellow lab and Stella, a beagle mix. We were there for about 3 hours and everyone had a good time. Then it was off to Target to get a microwave and a couple other things and KFC to pick up dinner.

Not what was originally planned for my extra day with Elliot, but somethings just happen. The weather wasn't cooperating for my orginal plan anyway, and while I have a list of things that need to be done around the house, this was more fun!

I will leave the list until next Tuesday, when I will be off again while Tony goes to NYC to a Yankees game. It's supposed to be a rainy, thunderstorm day then anyway.

Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot, Elliot had Cheerios for the first time this morning and LOVED them. He is getting so good at getting food into his mouth and chewing that we are starting to transition to table food. I loved making his baby food, but will enjoy having the space back in our freezer. I have to make a batch, so this time I am mashing and dicing food then freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment